Kofax TotalAgility MSDTC Settings
The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) service is a component of modern versions of Microsoft Windows that is responsible for coordinating transactions that span multiple resource managers, such as databases, message queues, and file systems.
In a Kofax TotalAgility environment, MSDTC must be enabled and configured when the Main database tables and the Archive database tables are split across different databases. If MSDTC is required, it must be enabled on Application and Database servers with same authentication mode, and for remote clients.
To enable Network DTC Access for MSDTC transactions:
- Open the Component Services. click Start. In the search box, type dcomcnfg, and then press ENTER.
- Expand the console tree to locate the DTC (for example, Local DTC) for which you want to enable Network MS DTC Access.
- On the Action menu, click Properties.
- Click the Security tab and make the following changes: In Security Settings, select the Network DTC Access check box.
- In Transaction Manager Communication, select the Allow Inbound and Allow Outbound check boxes.
- On the SQL Database Server, also enable the option Allow Remote Clients.
- Reboot Kofax servers; no need to reboot the database server.