How to digitally transform your workplace with e-signatures
Electronic signatures, also known as e-signatures, are a digital version of a handwritten signature that can be used to sign documents and agreements electronically. E-signatures have become increasingly popular in recent years due to their convenience, speed, and security in streamlining business processes.
Here are some of the benefits of using electronic signatures:
- e-signatures allow you to sign documents from anywhere, anytime, as long as you have an internet connection. This is especially useful for individuals who are constantly on the go or who work remotely, allowing for faster turnaround times.
- Additionally, e-signatures can be completed on any device, including computers, smartphones, and tablets, making it easy for people to sign documents no matter where they are.
- Fraud detection software typically utilise a combination of strategies to identify potentially fraudulent activitieE-signatrures can significantly speed up the signing process, as you no longer have to print, sign, and scan documents.
- This can save a lot of time and effort, especially if you have multiple parties involved in the signing process. s. These may include and are not limited to:
- e-signatures are generally considered to be more secure than handwritten signatures, as they use encryption and authentication to verify the identity of the signer. This helps to prevent fraud and ensures that the document has not been tampered with. This can be especially beneficial for businesses that handle sensitive information, such as legal documents, financial statements, and medical records.
- On the storage side of things, e-signatures can be stored in secure cloud-based servers which can provide increased reliability and disaster recovery options.
- Wet-ink signatures on the other hand must often be stored in physical filing cabinets, which can become vulnerable to theft, fire, or natural disasters.
- e-signatures can save money on printing, postage, and other costs associated with traditional signing methods. Traditional paper-based signatures often require printing and mailing costs, which can add up over time.
- E-signatures eliminate the need for these costs and can also reduce the need for office space to store physical documents. Additionally, businesses that use e-signatures can reduce their carbon footprint.
- e-signatures can help to reduce paper consumption and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
- Traditional paper-based signatures often require physical travel or mailing, which can product a significant amount of carbon emissions. E-signatures eliminate the need for travel and mail, which can facilitate businesses to adopt strategies toward a greener future. Furthermore, many e-signature providers offer cloud-based solutions, which can reduce the need for businesses to maintain and upgrade hardware – thus, companies are able to reduce on energy consumption and decrease the environmental impact of technology.
- In many counties, e-signatures are legally binding and have the same validity as handwritten signatures.
- The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and the Uniform Transactions Act (UETA) recognise electronic signatures with confidence, knowing that they are just as valid as traditional paper-based signatures.
Explore: Top 6 Electronic Signature Software
Overall, electronic signatures offer a range of benefits that can make the signing process faster, more convenient, and more secure. As technology continues to advance, it is likely that e-signatures will become even more widely accepted and used in the future.